Mother

Mother, she called to me
Mother, she beckoned me
Mother, she held her arms out
Mother, she held me tight
After many long years
Her face I saw again
For one brief moment
Happiness, she gave to me
In her lap, my first words were spoken
Under her gaze, my first steps were taken
She blessed me with a good life
And said goodbye before I could remember
When I saw her again, after many a year
She held out her hand, and guided me in
My home, my world, my first breath of air
She gave it all back to me
And under her watchful eyes
I took a giant step
I looked back as I went down the new road
Mother, tears in her eyes,
She smiled at me...

Comments

  1. Nothing can be as beautiful and full of emotions as this.

    Love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing can be as beautiful and full of emotions as this.

    Love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah, such tight emotions you weave...nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Shivani... This came to me when I revisited the city I was born in - Jaipur. I've been meaning to write this since that time itself, but a lot has been going on, and finally got it done today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love it.it's pure.i see ur love 4 ur mom n delhi in this :). love 4 mother is d purest form of any feeling ever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Brian... Thanks... Meant to write this for a long time, I owed it to the city where life began for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Anupriya... I think I should put a little notice below, otherwise a lot of people would think that I wrote this for Delhi. This one actually came to me while I was in Jaipur, especially since it was in Jaipur that the first steps towards Mumbai began...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

… and she said, “I’m all yours.”

A Brand New Family

The Friend Circle